Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A tent, some cookies, and "butta"

The second half of our rainy day yesterday went very well...the kids took great naps and Sean slept an hour more than Lilly--until 4:00--and I woke him up at that time, so who knows how long he would have kept going!  However, he had a very hard time going to sleep last night, so I don't think I should let him nap that long again :/

I managed to set up the tent in the playroom (after 2 phone calls to Jon asking how to put in the poles!) and the kids had fun playing with their toys inside.




We then made our Cocoa Fudge Cookies, but I somehow made them WAY too big--this is always a difficulty of mine, but no one in the family seems to mind! :) 


Lilly has been on a big "butter" kick lately--As we were making the cookies yesterday, before I knew it, she picked up the butter out of the mixing bowl and started to put it in her mouth (I cut off that part) saying, "butta!"  Then, I made breakfast for supper last night and instead of biting her biscuit, she opened it up and was licking the butter out of the middle, then said, "butta?  butta?"  I was trying so hard not to laugh at her!  Guess she gets that from me--one of my favorite things is just plain bread and butter.  I remember going to my grandma's house for lunch every Sunday after church.  I always had to have a piece of bread and put butter on it (not missing any spots!) and warm it in the microwave for 10 seconds.  Maybe that's why I had problems being chubby as a kid!  Anyway, I'll have to curb Lilly's love of "butta!"

And I feel like the worst mommy ever after BOTH kids burned themselves while we were making the cookies--Lilly reached up and touched the saucepan and hurt her pointer finger, then Sean burned his arm while helping me stir the same saucepan.  Gotta be more careful!  

This afternoon we're going to go to the park to try to get out all of the energy that they built up being inside all day yesterday.  Hopefully it won't be too wet out!  Gotta enjoy this fall weather while it lasts!

Oh, and here's a tongue twister for you that I said SO many time yesterday while we were cleaning up toys:  "Put those blocks back in the bucket"  I said it so many times it came out, "But those blocks back in the bucket" Guess it was a "you had to be there moment..."


No comments:

Post a Comment