This morning was Jon's big race that he has been training for the past couple of months. I thought it was a little crazy for him to start off with a 10K for his first race and that he should try a 5K first, but he did great! He said he finished in 01:04:12 (not official time--just from his phone app) and ran the whole time without stopping! The pic below is after he got home---totally soaked!
The kids and I did not go since he left at 6:30 and they stayed up late past their bedtime last night. Instead, we spent the morning making daddy a poster for him to greet him when he got home.
While we were making this, I let the kids watch a little bit of Toy Story. Sean has been begging for a Buzz Lightyear and we keep telling him he just needs to be patient and maybe he will get one for Christmas or his birthday (Dec 29). Well, while he was coloring, he said, "Mommy, I don't WANT to wait to get a Buzz Lightyear!" I was expecting him to say something like he wanted to go buy one. But I was surprised when he said, "I want to make one out of paper! Can I have my paper and scissors?" WOW, that shocked me, but I was more than happy to go get them for him! He made a "rocket" for Buzz, and said he didn't know how to make a Buzz, so I went online and printed off a coloring sheet for him. And of course I had to print off a Woody for Lilly since he is the apple of her eye right now! :)
Brilee just hung out in her bouncy seat this morning. She loves playing with the toys on the toy bar. BTW, the toy bar had been lost since we got all the baby equipment out of the attic. I searched everywhere, and FINALLY found it a couple of days ago in between two bins--so happy that the mystery is solved!
That's been our morning so far, and it's only 10:30! Hoping I can go for a run too later today! It's beautiful outside, and I'm hoping fall will be here for good starting this weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment