Monday, December 28, 2015

Sean Robert- 9 Years Old

Last year in single digits for this bright, inquisitive and creative boy!

 I don't know where to begin to describe Sean, because he is so full of momentum that his mind is bouncing ideas around everywhere and he is so full of potential.  I see a very bright future for him because he is eager to try new things and find new ways to make things.

But, here is a scratching of the surface of what Sean is intrigued with lately:

He like every boy from the range of about 5 to adults are of course obsessed with Star Wars with the release of episode 7.  It was his special treat to go watch the new movie with daddy.  I'm very jealous he saw it before I did.  ;)

Sean is also completely obsessed with Minecraft at the moment, and has about 10 different worlds that he is in the middle of creating.  He has even gotten Lilly addicted to it as well, and it is one of the only times they work cooperatively with one another.  He has requested a Minecraft cake, and I'm going to make a basic attempt at just a square green cake.  I'm so over spending 3 days making birthday cakes- it's how it tastes that counts the most and they love them even with feeble decorating attempts.  I'm soaking up just spending the day as a family over fretting over a cake :)

Sean is also an animal enthusiast, particularly lizards and frogs.  We currently have 4 tree frogs living in a terrarium in our school room and he has 2 green anole (lizards) in his bedroom.  And I daily have to turn him down from catching more. 
 


We went shopping today for food for his birthday and he downed a huge slice of pizza like it was nothing.  A glimpse at our ever growing grocery budget...

 We went out to eat for his birthday a night early at his favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse.  I know I always tell him to "show your teeth" when I take picture of him myself, but this is his natural way of smiling, and I'm going to remind myself not to make him pose a fake smile for me anymore, because he looks much happier this way.  I love how tall the corners of his lips are when he's super happy.  It reminds me of a picture of my dad at his age.

 I'm thankful that for now he's still at an age where he's not embarassed to climb onto the horse saddle, wave around his bandana and not be embarassed...because I know it won't last for that much longer!



I love this guy so much, and had no idea 9 years could be this packed with memories, yet seem like a fleeting moment. Since the moment I first laid eyes on you, I was forever in love.
December 29, 2006


And it's been difficult slowly releasing control over you as you are becoming more independent with your own ideas and ways of doing things.  I'm still learning how capable you really are, and that I don't have to manage everything you do, because it only adds more stress to my already full plate.  It's a slow process, but we're constantly learning more about parenting everyday through you and your four younger siblings.  You've been the guinea pig, but you're so much more than a trial run for us- you mean the world to us and we want what is best for you to guide to the the knowledge and wisdom of God.  That is where our eyes are focused and what we want the most for you:  to be an honorable, trustworthy, faithful servant of Christ.

Happy 9th Birthday, Sean Robert
Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment