Sunday, December 13, 2015

Little Oaks

The kids sang in the "Little Oaks" children's choir tonight at church for a service with wonderful carols and special music.  Who can't resist little kids singing?  Video is at the bottom.  I'm glad I recorded it during their practice, because I barely got to snap these photos during the actual service because I was wrangling a wiggly Luke.




(Click on lower right corner of YouTube window for full screen since Blogger makes the videos so small)



They passed out candle to be lit at the end, and Sean was quite mesmerized by the flame.

The girls were excited they got to sit with their friends in the row ahead of us, which was a huge help to me so I could focus on Luke since Jon was filling in up the sound booth.  Jack was up there with him too where he could walk around or else I certainly couldn't manage him during the service too.  I barely got through it with Luke because he was immediately drawn to the mini pew pencils and would scream if I didn't let him hold them.  ay-yi-yi

I didn't get any pictures afterwards, but we had a lovely cookie and hot chocolate reception where the kids got plenty sugared up even though they didn't have dinner yet!  That's ok, I brought cold pizza for them to eat on the long ride home!  Now they are tucked in their beds after a busy but fun weekend!
We have a Christmas party tomorrow at co-op and a short school week since I'm letting them wrap up on Wednesday this week.  Jon is taking Thursday and Friday for Lukes' birthday, then he is off for 2 more weeks after that as his company is closed through the end of the year- Praise God, what a blessing to have him home two weeks every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment