The kids had so much fun this afternoon exploring and finding things to put in their "observation container" aka- a used baby food container! Below are the pics from our walk:
Brilee ready to go
The view of the entrance from the sidewalk:
Sean asked, "where did the big digger go?" He's going to miss looking at it as we drive by every day!
The first of several "bridges" that the kids enjoyed leaning over the edge to throw rocks into the creek
continuing down the trail...
I know this one is blurry, but I love that he enjoys jumping off the sewer drain cover so much!
picking up a sweet gum ball to put in their "observation container" :)a
The bridge in the distance is as far as we could go--they are still finishing up the bridge, but it connects all the way to Squirrel Lake Park!!! I can't wait to get bikes so we can ride as a family to the park! So exciting!
This is the last picture my camera would take, and it is a tree we found where a deer had been rubbing it's antlers. Cool science discovery day if I say so myself! (On the way home, Sean saw a shed in someone's backyard and asked, "Is that where the deer lives?" haha
I'm sure we will be exploring back here almost every day this Spring/Summer--such a great area to have literally in our back yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment