Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Rehearsal and Dinner (It's Anniversary Eve!)

Our wedding was right at the time when people were starting to test the water with digital pictures.  (well, people I knew, at least, still mostly used film) The photographer we used had JUST bought a digital camera and we decided to go that route instead of film.  I'm now thankful we did that since we have the ability to have all the pics on the computer...BUT, he was not that great of a photagrapher, and the pictures look like just anybody could have taken them.  (You'll see tomorrow)

For the rehearsal, thankfully, Jon's aunt's husband, Gerald, took many candid pictures of our rehearsal and at the rehearsal dinner.  Also thankfully, he had the pictures saved on Kodak discs so we would have them saved somewhere other than on film.  We've had them in our closet on those discs for these past 10 years and just this week saved them to our media storage drive on the computer.  Just for the sole purpose of doing this blog post.  :)  It's been great looking back through these pictures!  Here is a look at our rehearsal and the dinner at The Chelsea in New Bern, NC.

The Chelsea for the rehearsal dinner


Jon's aunt Judy and cousin Lynn @ The Chelsea
Lynn & Roger
 Mom & Dad
 Jon & I

Friends- Megan, Shannon, Jason (Alicia @ the table)

Megan (not about to strangle me!) Alicia, Scott & Matt at the table

My cousin, LeeAnn and her daughter, Madison

 Matt, Jon & Scott
 My best friend, Kim Williams, Sarah Chipley, Brian & Aimee
 Jon, Scott & Alicia

 My cousin, Meghan, was the junior bridesmaid (with my Uncle Mann)
 My cousin, Lee Ann
 Rita, Dawn & Todd

Me, Alicia & Karen

Dad, Alan & Roger
 Todd talking with Jon's sister, Dawn, and Jon's mom, Rita
 My best friends, son, little Gary (who is now about 12??)
 L-R: Mrs. Kay, April, Matt, Rebecca, Brian, Aimee, Sarah, Kim
 Mark, Judy & Lynn

 Next, was the rehearsal at the church where I grew up, Brice's Creek Bible Church
The Bridesmaids
 Dawn & Todd
 The groomsmen
Me and my dad
The wedding party
 Jon and I

 practicing handing back the "bouquet"
 wow, did we look young!
 Jon and his dad
 Jason and my mom
 Matt (trying to be funny!) and Jon's mom


Setting up for the reception afterwards
 last night with friends before getting hitched!

Tomorrow look for TONS of wedding pics!  I love that I'm finally writing all this down somewhere (even though 10 years late!)


2 comments:

  1. So fun! Happy Anniversary Eve! :-)

    And I know what you should do about Sean's schooling--you should send him to MY kindergarten class! It's the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a beautiful day and I am honored that I was in your wedding! We all looked so young! lol!!

    ReplyDelete