January 6, 2001
The guys
L-R: My dad, Jason, Todd, Jon, his dad, Scott, Mark, Matt
The gals
L-R: April, Aimee, Kim L., Me, Dana, Meagan, Kim W. & Dawn
(Don't know what I was thinking with the dresses (from Chadwick's catalog). I didn't want them to have to spend a lot of money...I think these were $69? So sorry, ladies!)
Waiting in the youth room
The guestbook attendant, Sarah (Hackworth) Chipley
Another shot of waiting...
A prayer before the ceremony
My piano teacher, Mrs. Julia Bircher
Jon waiting...
Me and my dad before going down the aisle
walking down the aisle (love the train! that was the most important part to me in picking out a dress! I wanted one that made me feel like a princess!)
another aisle shot...
giving away the bride
listening to the music (A Page is Turned by Bebo Norman and How Beautiful by Twila Paris)
exchanging vows
the kiss
husband and wife!
Jon hugging his sister, Dawn
tears of joy
the wedding party
all the guys and me
all the gals and Jon--I think everyone was laughing at April's leg...
Jon and I with our parents
wish I were that slender again!
Jon welded this arbor and it is beside his parents patio now! (he also made the candelabra in the background of the picture 3 above)
the simple reception I wanted that my mom and wonderful aunts put together
Our friends Alicia, Todd & Karen who so graciously brought us food because they remembered how it was not getting food at their own wedding!
cutting the cake...again, wish I could still fit in that dress...
we were nice to each other with the cake :)
We still have a box of these napkins in the china cabinet...don't quite know why!
us with my dear neighbor Mrs. Ratcliffe who passed away this summer--she was like a grandmother to me...
Todd--the only guilty friend brave enough to take a picture with their handiwork on our car :)
Jon was silly to think he could trust my friend Alicia with the car keys...just because she said I needed something out of the car. Um, yeah, right! In case you can read the bible verses, I think they're totally taken out of context, BTW!
Throwing the bouquet (the little old lady on the left in the white blouse caught it! :)
getting the garter belt!
The guys getting ready...
I think I count 3 guys with their feet completely off the ground...don't remember who caught that one!
Youngblood Family
Don't know what was going on here...just smiling cause I'm happy, I guess!
The cake made by my best friend's cousin!
My aunts, Patsy & Jackie
Trying to avoid getting hit with bird seed
Love this shot!
driving away...
Wow, that really makes me think of how much has happened in 10 years! We've gone through many trials, but God has helped us through them all. I pray He continues to lead us closer to Him and closer to one another for many more years. I am so thankful to have found a wonderful husband, protector, provider, and friend. I love you, Jon!
After writing this post as a draft, I found more pictures of the wedding taken by Jon's aunt's husband, Gerald. I think these are better than the ones taken by the photographer!
Judy & Gerald
Lynn & Roger and Judy & Gerald
Us with Jennifer & Grant
Lee & Rebekah, Kim, Patricia
Jon talking with the photographer
hmmm...don't remember these names :( Thanks so Kim L- Betty Littman on Left and Barry Littman in the center)
Megan and Jason, Scott & Matt in the back
Aunt Jearl and my momJon's mom on the right...not sure about on the left
Jon's dad with some Youngblood relatives I don't know...:(
Jon's Uncle Perry with other Youngblood relatives
Catherine Youngblood
Mr. Harry Piner, and Tom & Sue Sterling
Pam Gillespie, Betty Littman, Tara Outlaw
L-R: Uncle Fred, Aunt Jearl, Aunt Ruby, Uncle Curtis, Uncle Mann, Uncle Buddy
Aunt Nell and cousin Tammy with their backs facing us
Their names are on the tops of my tongue...attended Brices Creek...
Susan Luper on the left, Tom Sterling on the right
My bridal potrait
Alan & Roger in line
Aunt Patsy
Jon's parents
Ok--somehow these got out of order and I'm going to be lazy and not rearrange them (forgive me...it's been a long post! :)
Me and David, Jon's Dad
Me and Rita, Jon's mom
Jon & his mom
Grant, Jennifer & SarahCatherine Youngblood & Rita
Perry & Paula on the right
mom. Sue & Tom Sterling
Wow, that's picture overload! Thanks for reading my blog!


















































YAY! Pictures!!!! These are beautiful and it is wonderful to see them again! In the picture you didn't know the names, the lady on the far left is Betty Littman and Barry Littman is the man facing the camera. Not sure about the others. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and in the reception line it is Barry, Betty, and Keith and Barbara Boulware :)
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures! And I actually recognized some people...!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful - love your hair!
(I think I wore the same bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding - but in yellow. :)
Happy Anniversary!
The picture of the three people sitting in the chairs by the carpet wall...I just cannot remember their names. She lives down across from the skating rink in New Bern. Her husband passed away a few years back. The lady on the right (I want to say her name is Judy) was also a librarian if I remember correctly. I am ashamed that I can't remember their names! They were always so good to Tim and me.
ReplyDelete