Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fun on the Farm

This morning, we made a visit to some friends' farm, on which they raise chickens and a couple of calves.  The had a blast, but they also learned about the animals a bit and even had the opportunity to feed the calves their bottles.
















By this time, they were all hot and sweaty, so we walked across the road to their creek.  I'm glad I had them wear play clothes that were ok to get dirty, because once we got down there, we realized there had been enough rain recently to make the creek really flow well and they all jumped in to swim in the creek.  Except J....it was too deep for him and I didn't want him to get swept away in the current, so I made him stay on the bank and let him throw in sticks.



I wish I had taken more pics than this, because they went upstream until they found a nice pool area and were really floating around in the water.  It was amazingly refreshing to them (they said it was the perfect temperature) and also a learning experience in why you only want to do this in flowing water, and never in standing water because of diseases that live in that type of ecosystem!  

Everyone happily walked back to the farm in drenched clothes and got in the sprinkler to get off the dirt, and more fun was had with toads and lizards.  Never a dull moment with boys.


Now, I'm off to hit my newly printed planning calendar, which I will blog about soon!  There is something about fresh, colorful pages that makes me excited about school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment