When I get discouraged that my children are noisy, boisterous and cranky...I remind myself how we prayed and agonized for children not knowing if we would ever have any.
When I get discouraged that my children don't seem to be listening to anything I say...I remind myself that they are absorbing more than I realize while they are fidgeting and moving constantly throughout the day with endless energy.
When I get discouraged that others around me seem to have it easier with their kids off to school... I remind myself that I have been given the privileged opportunity to teach my children at home and that all too soon they will be out of my care.
When I get discouraged that I don't have all the material things I desire...I remind myself that I have a loving, hard-working husband who sacrifices for our family so that I can stay home with the children.
When I get discouraged that I do not get to talk to/spend time with friends as often as I would like...I remind myself that friendships are secondary to the training and discipling of these three little blessings.
When I get discouraged that things are not going according to "my plan,"...I remind myself that GOD is in control with a better plan.
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" Proverbs 16:9
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord." Proverbs 21:30
"Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it?" Lamentations 3:37
"You are a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. You ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that'." James 4:14-15
"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out!" Romans 11:33
I love you, my friend! Good and encouraging words!
ReplyDelete