Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eat Your Peas

I usually don't write about things other than my family and kids on my blog, so you may wonder where this post is leading...I promise this isn't just a political tyrade, but it DOES lead to something funny that Sean said, which is why I'm writing about it!

I usually NEVER turn on the tv for myself during the day.  So, when earlier this week I had an inclination in my mind to "turn on the tv to see if there is any news on" (in the middle of the day when there would ordinarily be junk programming on!) I thought it strange.  I turned it on anyway and was shocked when in only 10 seconds a "special report" breaking news announcement popped onto the screen.  I thought to myself, "Wow, God really DID prompt me to turn on the tv!"  I thought perhaps something very important was happening or that there was a major announcement.  It turns out that it was merely a news conference with the leader of our country, and normally I would turn off the tv because that is the only way I can control my anger against this man--to simply avoid listening to him.  However, something made me listen to what he was saying. 

And in the typical fashion, I started getting more frustrated as I listened to him...especially when he started making statements about Republican leaders that seemed to turn them into children like, "It's time to take off the band-aid.  Time to eat your peas."  Those are statements I would say to my CHILDREN--certainly not to grown-up men.  It irritated me that he was acting so condencending saying things like, "Profession politicans"...should "know better." 

He lost me completely when he said, "I haven't suggested raising taxes this year, or next year...what I have suggested is starting in 2013....(blah blah blah) we increase REVENUE."  Does he really think the American public is stupid enough to not know that TAXES are what increase REVENUE?"  Ok, my blood is boiling again.  And here is the point of my post:

Sean was irritated that I was watching the news, so when it got to this point I told him, "It's ok, Sean.  Mommy's turning off the news now.  This man isn't saying anything except a bunch of lies."  To which Sean asked, "Is he going to get his mouth washed out with soap, mommy?"  :)  I wish, buddy...I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment