Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Homemade Bubbles



This morning I didn't want to take the kids anywhere because Sean has been showing a few signs of getting sick--no fever, just an upset stomach. So, we decided to try to find something fun to do at home instead of possibly spreading some germs. (He acts perfectly fine with his usual running around, so we have to harness that energy somehow!)

I had the Science through Arts book out making lesson plans for the upcoming year, so I just thumbed through it to find something summertime appropriate and found this neat one:




I found some craft wire to make the wands, and the kids chose the shapes pictured on the page already (I think at this age they want what they see instead of thinking of different shapes!)
`

We filled up an Easter bucket with water, Dawn dish detergent & 2 T sugar (to thicken the liquid) then went outside to test out the homemade bubbles!

 (Notice our Zinnias on the table that got fried after we forgot to water them for 2 days...oops :/)
 Sean's HUGE bubble :) So glad I caught a pic of it!
Lilly kept blowing too close to the wand....or licking it :)


 Another huge bubble by Sean--he started waving it in the air to let the wind do the work!
 Brilee decided she wanted to join in on the fun!
 Oops!  Lost a shoe--carrying it around instead!

 My climber having fun with the slide... (Thanks, Marty!)

 Going down...
 And climbing back up the wrong way...I guess they start this from a young age!


1 comment: