Friday, April 29, 2011

Z- zero, zig-zag, Zaccheus

We learned/played this week using the letter Z.  The kids had fun doing a water-resist art using white crayons to color the number 0, then using watercolors, painted over it with red paint.  

image

This was supposed to illustrate that Jesus washed our sins away white as snow--however, the color resist didn't work so well and some of the 0 got a little red.  I had to wipe it away with a tissue, and it worked ok since the part that wasn't colored stayed red.  The kids had fun, which was what matters most!

image

image

image

We made some Z letter formations using some felt cut into zig zag shapes...I was going to buy some ric-rac, but I have tons of material, so this seemed just as good to use!

image

The kids had SO much fun doing a "zig-zag race" where I set up cones in a zig zag pattern for them to follow.  Sean got the concept, Lilly-not so much!  She was more interested in trying to go fast and straight!  (I wish I would remember NOT to talk while taking videos of the kids!  My accent is absolutely twangy!)

Our Bible story for the week was of Zaccheus (who else?)  and the kids enjoyed using our felt board some more--Sean even told the story to us by himself, though it was just by singing the song I taught them that we all learned in Bible school..."Zaccheus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he!" Sean emphasized the "You come DOWN!" part a little too enthusiastically...didn't get this on video so maybe I'll take one sometime and update this post...if I find the time...so don't count on it :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment