Monday, April 4, 2011

Hot Cross Buns

The kids and I made hot cross buns today since we're studying X and I wanted something fun and not very structured for them to do.  It also came at the perfect time to start studying Easter since it is a traditional Easter recipe.   The kids had fun with these!



I forgot to take pictures while we were mixing the ingredients, but here they are rolling them out after the dough had risen an hour.



Sean with his pile of buns...he was saying, "look how many buns I have!"



Then they had to rise another 45 minutes until we brushed them with an egg wash and baked them.  Yummy!


image


The kids wanted to have their snack outside...it has been a BEAUTIFUL day today!  The kids have stayed outside almost all day except for our baking, and they are still there now while my chicken is marinating and I'm blogging :)


image


After this one bite, LIlly stopped eating the bun and merely licked off the X icing instead...


image

We're definitely going to make these again for Easter morning!

!

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I can't wait to try one!

    ReplyDelete