Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things that make me smile...


Some other things that made me smile this week...


Well, I had a picture of the kids' Noah's Ark filled with Sean's train engines, however, it was deleted off the camera without being uploaded to the computer...but trust me it was hilarious when I asked Sean why they were in there he said, "Their engine sheds were dirty so they borrowed Noah's ark!




Lilly has ALWAYS loved to clean up (of which I am extremely thankful for!) However, she now loves to sing the "Clean Up" song even more, which makes me giggle every time I hear it. She only sings one line, "Clean up...our shares!" The real words are "Clean up, clean up, everybody do their share...clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...clean up, clean up, soon the mess will not be there!"


I posted this one on FB yesterday but have to repeat it since its so good. We were outside playing when I noticed our neighbor was talking on his phone, but was out of sight so the kids couldn't see him. Sean stopped playing abruptly and asked me, "Mom, is that God talking?!?!"


Finally I smile because I have 3 healthy, beautiful children. I've been reminded this over the past couple of days since Jon & I started entering info into our family tree on ancestry.com. I have records that show SO MANY of my ancestors who lost children very, very young--before the age of two. So many that didn't even make it at all--I am thankful for modern medicine that allows our children to have the common cold and not be affected that much. Or if they do get more sick, we have treatment that makes it seem like nothing at all. Our ancestors had none of that. My 3rd great grandparents lost 5 of their 12 children before they even turned two, and I have no other info on any of the ancestors except for their birthdate, death date, and sometimes when they were married. I hope to leave more info than that behind for my great, great grandkids, which is why we are documenting our lives now!! How I would have loved to hear how my great grandmothers raised their children during such hardship! One more reason to be thankful this season!


We are travelling to New Bern tomorrow to spend an early THanksgiving with my parents and will head home Monday. Then will get to have Thanksgiving all over again with Jon's family. So thankful for everyone of them and what a blessing they are to us! Enjoy your families these next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment