This morning I tried to let Jack play outside while I worked in the kitchen, but he kept crying that he was outside alone (I can see him the whole time from our kitchen window and the sliding door, but he is very spoiled by usually having the other kids home.) He is especially spoiled by Lilly, who usually will help him up on Brilee's bike, put her helmet on him and push him around the patio table outside. He is obsessed and kept crying "bike" to me over and over. I went out and pushed him a little but it hurt my back bending over that far to keep pushing him....so, I threw my morning plans out the window and told him we'd go for a walk on the greenway. He immediately stopped crying- success :)
This is the double jogging stroller I bought off Craigslist before Luke was born, and by far it is the best stroller I've ever owned---and that has been A LOT. The jump seat in the back comes off if you need to just push one kid and it has a carseat attachment if I want to keep Luke in the carseat and just put him in the front. Love how it feels like a single stroller and even Jack can fit in the bottom if the carseat is up top. I let him pick which place he wanted to sit today :)
He's so excited to make our 3 mile loop around the greenway. I stopped a few times along the way to take pictures. This is going to be what I miss most about where we live now- the greenway is a perfectly peaceful place to get out into nature and it is so quick to get to squirrel lake park. There is a greenway near where our new house will be, but there isn't an entrance to it from our neighborhood so we'll have to drive up the road a bit to get to it.
Luke was asleep within 5 minutes of our walk.
Jack loves the bumping noise the stroller makes when it goes over the bridges.
The entrance to our neighborhood- I had to take a picture...I know, I'm being all nostalgic and all--bear with me ;) That row of Crape Myrtles will bloom soon and be absolutely gorgeous
The main greenway entrance. The other way we can get on crosses the creek with stepping stones and I can't get the stroller over by myself. When Jon is with me we both lift the stroller over and the kids just pull their bikes across.
That's all the pics I took today because I was enjoying the nice walk, but I definitely see myself coming for walks here whenever I'm around this side of town ;) I have many, many fond memories along the sidewalks of this greenway.






No comments:
Post a Comment