Friday, April 4, 2014

Sean's 1st Grade Arbor Day Program

The first grade put on an Arbor Day program today in conjunction with the Town of Matthews.  Each class wore a different color t-shirt so they all looked like a big rainbow, and they sang some quite environmental songs.  I'm all for planting trees and taking good care of what God has given us, but I guess I'm just not the type to go overboard thinking our world is crumpling around us if we don't do something.  But it was nice to hear all the kids sing with their 2 wonderful music teachers (How happy am I that the school actually has 2 music teachers?!)
This was the picture from the back of the program:  A shot in front of the Matthews Community Center (right beside the school) from the 1930s and the same location today.


There was another parent with a tripod set up right in my view of Sean, but I did manage to get a couple of pictures when she moved it to look at something.  Somehow I always manage to pick the right spots to sit ;)
 I thought it was funny I captured Sean mid- yawn  Yeah, me too, buddy

 Smokey the Bear made an appearance with the forest ranger.  I think that was the highlight for everyone- including the parents, lol




No comments:

Post a Comment