Monday, March 14, 2011

V- Victory & Vehicles

We are studying the letter V this week.  The main themes are Victory in Jesus and Vehicles.  The old hymn "Victory in Jesus" was the first song that popped into my head with this word, so I sung it with the kids.  It took me back to the days of visiting my grandma's church where everyone sung it off key and with a very thick southern accent, so it sounded much like, "Ohhh, VIC-tor-EEE in JEE-SUS"....ok, ok, you just had to be there to know what I'm talking about, but it still has some good theology in it.  "He sought me and bought me with His redeeming love..."  That is why I love hymns and am trying to teach them to my children.  image

After tracing their own Vs (which I forgot to take a picture of) I made duct tape V's and the kids enjoyed driving their vehicles on the Vsimage

I am convinced they could have done this for hours...these just might stay down permanently...or maybe notimage

We made some vehicle snacks...I could have gone the healthier route and made the wheels out of carrot slices, but Lilly always spits out carrots after chewing them up just a few times because she doesn't like the texture in her mouth...and I didn't want to deal with regurgitated carrots this afternoon!image









Then the kids enjoyed making vehicle prints with some of Sean's old trucks he plays with in the sandbox...I think they're quite beautiful art, actually!image







 

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Ive been slacking on the creativity since I havent been feeling good and have just been concentrating on the basic learning tasks with Joshua worksheets etc so that we can be done sooner. Not really fair for him I guess. Your inspiring me that I have to get back into the creative stuff again. Are you still using Hubbards Cupboard? or are you using something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Hubbard's Cupboard, some from 1+1+1=1 and some from Homeschool creations. I found that I needed more variety than just HC because I couldn't find many of the books she uses at the library. I do less structured things since Sean isn't in K yet and I think he still needs more playtime now while he's young!

    ReplyDelete