Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reindeer Cookies

This is a tradition we started last year after I saw the idea on a website, which I now can't remember--(so, sorry I can't give credit this go around to the original idea source!)

The kids had fun assembling these cute and yummy cookies!  Last year I used vanilla frosting because that was on the website, but I decided we just HAD to use chocolate this year, and boy are they even better!

I had to add the finished product first since blogger doesn't give me the choice of which photo will display in the description anymore, but will add the first by default.  Now you know, and don't you feel better! lol

So, here was the process...if there was one...I used a ziploc bag to squirt on the icing and showed the kids how to add the eyes, nose and antlers.  Well, Sean was very random in the process. 




most of them ended up with green noses since that is his favorite color (I had to entice him to make a few of them red like Rudolph)


Then, since this was such a long and difficult baking project, they just had to stop for a break

um...to eat one...





and mommy had to sneak this behind their back...


So, there you go!  Our favorite Christmas "baking" activity to date!





No comments:

Post a Comment