Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainy Day Activities

This is how we spent most of our rainy day...











Dried beans + lots of containers and scoops= endless fun




I ended up having to just leave the room while they were doing this due to my inability to deal with beans that spilled on the floor---I had to tell myself---they can clean up when they're done--don't get upset at every spill of a scoop of beans....breathe...



















 I can't believe Brilee turned 4 months old yesterday!  She has her dr. appt. tomorrow and I am excited to see how much she weighs!  She is on a really good schedule eating about 6 times a day every 3 to 3 1/2 hrs.  and sleeping from 9:30 till about 6 or 6:30 in the morning.  Related to this--hoping that I can continue her on this schedule--she is really happy and healthy and it's one that Sean and Lilly were on also.  My eye dr. told me today that if my eye doesn't heal more by Friday, that she wants to put me on a medication that would not be safe for Brilee while I'm nursing and that I would have to "pump and dump" my milk.  I am REALLY praying that I do not have to do this as I have never had to feed any of my babies formula and I would prefer not to have to do this.  I have some milk stored in the freezer for emergencies, but not enough to give her 6 times a day for however long I would need to be on this medication.  In addition, even though I have a wonderful pump from when I used to work full-time, I'm afraid it might affect my milk supply with her not nursing at all.  Hoping to get a chance to talk to the lactation consultant at Matthews Children's Clinic tomorrow to ask her how I should talk to my eye dr. and to try to avoid this if at all possible.  Especially going into flu/cold season where she gets her immunity from me.  Praying for wisdom and discernment!

No comments:

Post a Comment